Border Watch Line
Call 9-1-1 to report immediate national security threats.
For non-urgent threats, contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's National Security Tip Line to report suspicious activities, which could pose a threat to national security.
The Border Watch Line lets you report suspicious cross border activities.
Report suspicious cross border activities
From Canada and the USA
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday from 9 am to 9 pm
Online reporting Now availableReport suspect border activity online
Information we are looking for
We are interested in suspicious activities that could occur before persons and/or goods reach Canada, at the border itself, or after persons and/or goods have entered Canada.
These are examples of some suspicious activities we are interested in:
- Drug smuggling
- Contraband tobacco
- Child pornography and exploitation
- Commercial trade fraud
- Persons who may pose a security risk
- Persons involved in war crimes
- Persons who have overstayed their status in Canada or who are working or studying in Canada without authorization
- Person wanted on an immigration warrant
- Firearms and weapons smuggling
- Currency smuggling
- Infractions related to food, plant and animals products
- Persons involved in organized crime or serious criminality
- Persons involved in human smuggling or trafficking
- Persons who have entered Canada based on misrepresentation, and/or made a false declaration or document fraud
Information to provide
We would like you to provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Who is/was involved
- Name of individual or business
- Date of birth or approximate age
- Physical description of individual
- What is/was the suspicious activity
- When will it/did it happen
- Where will it/did it take place
- Approximate location
- Phone numbers
- How will/did it happen
- Car, boat, airplane or train (including description and license plate)
We carefully review all information and refer to the appropriate authorities when necessary. The authorities will determine what is necessary to complete the investigation.
Information provided is confidential. Calls to the Border Watch Line are anonymous and are not recorded. You are not required to provide your name and/or telephone number.
The Border Watch Line must comply with Canadian privacy legislation. We cannot provide facts or updates resulting from any information provided to the Border Watch Line.
- Date modified: