1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will eliminate the paper reporting process Export Declaration form (B13A) and implement mandatory electronic reporting for exporters.
2. As of June 30, 2020, the CBSA will no longer accept B13As. Exporters, or their customs service providers, will be required to report their exports electronically. Electronic export reporting will be mandated via a prescription document, in accordance with paragraphs a) and b) of the definition of “prescribed” in section 2 of the Customs Act and subsection 95(4) of this Act.
3. There will be two electronic reporting methods available to exporters to report goods: the Canadian Export Reporting System (CERS) and the G7 Export Reporting Electronic Data Interchange (G7-EDI). Exporters can register for CERS once it is in place, March 16, 2020. G7-EDI is currently in existence and can be used now. G7-EDI requires an investment from the exporting client.
4. CERS is a new system that will replace the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) system. CERS is a web-based, self-service portal enabling exporters to submit electronic declarations (including bulk upload and summary reporting), to the CBSA. G7-EDI provides a direct link to the CBSA's Accelerated Commercial Release Operations Support System (ACROSS).
5. Exporters currently using CAED and participants in the Summary Reporting Program will receive letters from the CBSA with information about how to activate their CERS account between February and June 2020. CAED will be decommissioned on June 30, 2020.
6. If the goods being exported require a permit, the paper copy of the electronic export declaration submission and the permit issued by the other government department (OGD) must be presented at the place specified in the permit authorizing the exportation or, if no place is specified, at the CBSA export reporting office closest to the place of exit of the goods from Canada. This is a regulatory requirement that remains unchanged.
7. Information on CERS may be obtained at the following website: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/export/reporting-declaration-eng.html. Information on becoming an EDI-G7 participant may be obtained at the following website: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/eservices/menu-eng.html.
8. To register for G7-EDI, you may fax the completed application form to Statistics Canada at: 1-888-269-5305 or 613-951-6823.
9. Starting on March 16, 2020, you may register for CERS by submitting a completed CERS Application Form to the Commercial Registration Unit: CBSA.Export_Program-Programme_Exportation.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
10. For additional information regarding this notice, please contact: CBSA.CERS_Inquiries-Renseignements_SCDE.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Date modified: