- 1. Entering Canada by air
- 2. How to use NEXUS facial verification kiosks located at Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, Montréal, Halifax, Ottawa, Edmonton and Billy Bishop Toronto City
- 3. How to use NEXUS iris recognition kiosks located at Winnipeg and Calgary
- 4. Entering the U.S. by air
4. Entering the U.S. by air
If you are travelling to the U.S. as a NEXUS member from a Canadian airport with a U.S. preclearance area, you may use your NEXUS card or your passport at the Global Entry kiosks:
- Proceed to the Global Entry kiosk located in the U.S. preclearance area
- Follow the prompts on the screen and complete the entry process
- You will then receive a receipt to give to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer
- You may proceed to the transborder lounge unless you are directed to an inspection area
Only the Global Entry kiosks located in U.S. preclearance areas at Canadian airports will accept a NEXUS card. When entering the U.S. from other airports, you must use your passport to receive NEXUS privileges.
If you are entering the U.S. and you are importing goods for your own personal use, you may use the self-serve kiosk to declare these goods. If the self-serve kiosk is closed, you may either use the crew counter or follow the regular traveller procedure and declare your goods to a U.S. CBP officer.
- More information: U.S. residents, Know Before You Go (U.S. CBP website)
- More information: Canadian and Mexican residents, Canadian and Mexican citizens (U.S. CBP website)
NEXUS members who present themselves for NEXUS passage when arriving in the U.S. must not have any commercial goods in their possession or in their baggage. Personal computers and similar items carried by NEXUS members for their own personal use while on business trips are not considered commercial goods.
How will you be travelling?
Consult United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Appeals if your membership has been revoked by U.S. CBP.
- Date modified: