CARM: CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management project
From: Canada Border Services Agency
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year initiative that will transform the collection of duties and taxes for goods imported into Canada. Through CARM, the CBSA will modernize and streamline the process of importing commercial goods.
Once fully implemented, CARM will:
- simplify the overall importing process
- provide a modern interface for importing into Canada
- give importers self-service access to their information
- reduce the cost of importing into Canada
- improve consistency of compliance with trade rules
The implementation of CARM is structured in a series of releases. The Accounts Receivable Ledger (ARL) was the first phase of the CARM project. For details on ARL, consult Commercial payments and accounts.
CARM Release 1:
Release 1 launched the CARM Client Portal, a self-service tool that will facilitate accounting and revenue management processes with the CBSA.
The CARM Client Portal is available to importers and brokers, as well as trade consultants who currently submit rulings on behalf of importers. Those who have onboarded to the portal are able to view their transactions and statements of account, request a ruling and pay invoices with new electronic payment options.
CARM Release 2:
Release 2 will expand the functionalities of the CARM Client Portal by adding:
- electronic commercial accounting declarations with ability for corrections and adjustments
- new requirements related to the Release Prior to Payment (RPP) program
- harmonized billing cycles
- new offsetting options
- electronic management of appeals and compliance actions
Communications and engagement
- Share your thoughts: Proposed regulatory amendments to support the implementation of CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) Closed
- CARM Trade Chain Partner Working Group provides ongoing input, recommendations and feedback on the CARM design and implementation
- Onboarding documentation for the CARM Client Portal
- Client support contact form
- Request to be added to our distribution list for CARM-related communications at email@example.com
- Join CARM on LinkedIn
Report a problem on this page
This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.Report a problem by email
- Date modified: