This document is also available in PDF (100 Kb) [help with PDF files]
- Release office: 453
- Client name: Compliance Brokerage
- Client ID: 12345
- Client contact: John Doe 519 253 4587
or Cargo Control Number
|Barcoded cargo control number OR transaction number
Must be CBSA machine readable
|For CBSA use only
R = Released
NR = Not released
This form was introduced with the deployment of the CBSA Systems Outage Contingency.
The purpose of the form is to reduce the paper burden and streamline the querying of release statuses during outages that impact RNS notices. This form may be used when EDI linkages are down and ACROSS is operational. Note, the CBSA is unable to provide the status of release when ACROSS is not functional.
Usage of the form
- Clients will obtain this form from the CBSA Systems Outage Contingency document published on the CBSA website.
- The form may be modified by clients as long as the barcoded data remains CBSA machine readable.
- This form is to be submitted to the CBSA office of release.
- Navigate to the RSTAT screen in ACROSS.
- Scan the barcoded CCN or transaction number provided by the client.
- If released write "R", if not-released write "NR". If the number is not on file write "N/A".
- If the barcode is not machine-readable return the form to client for correction.
- The original CBSA stamped copy will be returned to the client.
When completed and stamped by the CBSA this form provides proof of release for only those transactions indicated as released per the above.
This form may be accepted by carriers and warehouse operators as proof of release in order to allow the movement of shipments during contingency periods. When systems resume release notices will be transmitted.
- Date modified: