The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wants to help travellers find the information they need to know in order to enter Canada. We have compiled the following useful links to assist in your travel planning.
Electronic Travel Authorization
New entry requirement now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.
Until September 29, 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. Find answers to your questions about the leniency period.
Welcome to Canada
- Do you want to visit Canada? (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Legislative requirements for the presentation of persons (CBSA Memorandum D2-5-0)
- Temporary Importation of Baggage and Conveyances by Non-Residents
(CBSA Memorandum D2-1-1)
- Travellers requiring mobility assistance at Canadian international airports (CBSA Memorandum D2-5-3)
- Information on goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) (Canada Revenue Agency)
- Bringing animals and pets into Canada (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
- I Am A Gun User Visiting Canada (Canada Firearms Center)
- Postal importations (CBSA)
- Temporary Importation and Retention of Foreign Vessels in Canada by Non-residents (CBSA)
Events in Canada
- Date modified: