Visitors to Canada

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wants to help travellers find the information they need to know in order to enter Canada. We have compiled the following useful links to assist in your travel planning.

Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. Read about the changes and how they may affect you.

If you travel before March 15, 2016, you do not need an eTA but you can still apply for one. For now, make sure you travel with acceptable travel documents and identification, such as a valid passport.

Date modified: