This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
1. The purpose of this Customs Notice is to advise that on January 19, 2004, the Canadian Border Services Agency initiated a review of the undertaking with respect to filter tipped cigarette tubes, excluding those which bear the trademark or brand name of a finished or ready-made cigarette, originating in or exported from France, pursuant to the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA).
2. On December 12, 2003, the responsibility for the customs program of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency was transferred to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), which was created on the same date. The CBSA is now responsible for the review of undertakings.
3. The subject goods are normally imported into Canada under the following ten-digit Harmonized System classification numbers:
4. The information collected in the course of this review will be used to determine if the undertaking should expire or be renewed for a further period of five years.
5. Should the CBSA determine that the undertaking no longer serves its intended purpose, it will not be renewed and the undertaking will expire on the date of the President's decision. However, should the CBSA determine that the undertaking continues to serve the purpose for which it was intended, the undertaking will be renewed. Should it be renewed you are advised that the CBSA will re-evaluate the existing undertaking prices to ensure that they will eliminate the potential injury caused to the domestic industry.
6. The planned date for completion of this review is April 8, 2004. Notice of the completion of this review will be published in a Customs Notice.
7. Any questions concerning the above should be directed to:
Anti-dumping and Countervailing Directorate
Canadian Border Services Agency
19th floor, 191 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L5
Officers' names and telephone numbers:
Brian Hodgson (613) 954-7237
Blair Hynes (613) 954-1641
Facsimile (613) 954-2510