Certain Carbon Steel Pipe Fittings
Application of anti-dumping duty
To obtain the full document in an alternative format, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This memorandum refers to the application of antidumping duty pursuant to section 3 of the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) to importations of certain carbon steel pipe fittings originating in or exported from the People's Republic of China (China).
1. A description of the goods subject to anti-dumping duty is as follows:
carbon steel pipe nipples and adaptor fittings, in nominal diameters up to and including 6 inches or the metric equivalents, originating in or exported from China. The subject goods do not include carbon steel seamless pipe nipples manufactured for high-pressure applications.
2. The dates of the proceedings and finding concerning this case are:
|Initiation of Investigation||December 18, 2002|
|Preliminary Determination||March 18, 2003|
|Final Determination||June 16, 2003|
|Canadian International Trade Tribunal’s Finding||July 16, 2003|
|Canadian International Trade Tribunal’s Expiry Review Order||July 15, 2008|
3. The goods are typically classified in the Harmonized System (HS) under the following ten-digit classification numbers:
Note: This listing of HS codes is for convenience of reference only. Refer to the product definition for authoritative details regarding the subject goods.
4. The liability for duty results from proceedings conducted under SIMA and from the finding made by the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.
5. Information regarding the normal values of goods and the amount of anti-dumping duty payable should be obtained from the exporter. Related information may be made available to importers on a need-to-know basis in accordance with the provisions of Memorandum D14-1-2, Disclosure of Normal Values, Export Prices, and Amounts of Subsidy Established Under the Special Import Measures Act to Importers.
6. For goods produced and exported by all exporters, the amount of anti-dumping duty is equal to an advance of the export price (as determined under section 24, 25 or 29 of the SIMA) of 153%.
7. For goods produced and exported by all exporters, the amount of anti-dumping duty is equal to an advance of the export price (as determined under section 24, 25 or 29 of the SIMA) of 117%.
|Issuing office||Anti-dumping and Countervailing Program|
|Legislative references||Special Import Measures Act, section 3|
|Superseded memoranda D||D15-2-44, April 15, 2009|