This document is also available in PDF (57 Kb) [help with PDF files]
This memorandum contains the CJFTA Rules of Origin Regulations and provides a link to the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (FAITC) Web site where the Rules of Origin for the CJFTA may be found.
CJFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
Rules of Origin
1. The following provisions of the Free Trade Agreement between Canada and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, signed on June 28, 2009, have the force of law in Canada:
- (a) Articles 4-1 and 4-2;
- (b) Article 4-3, paragraph 1;
- (c) Articles 4-4 to 4-13;
- (d) Article 4-15; and
- (e) Annex 4-1.
Coming Into Force
2. These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 32 of the Canada-Jordan Economic Growth and Prosperity Act, chapter 18 of the Statutes of Canada, 2012, comes into force.
Guidelines and General Information
1. The Canada-Jordan Free Trade Agreement (CJFTA) may be found on the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (FAITC) Web site at: www.international.gc.ca.
2. Chapter 4: Rules of Origin contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
3. Annex 4-1: Specific Rules of Origin sets out the product specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
4. For more information, within Canada call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Issuing office:
- Trade Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
- Order in Council P.C. 2012-1080 dated
Canada-Jordan Economic Growth and Prosperity Act
- Other references:
- Superseded memorandum D:
- Date modified: