1. The purpose of this notice is to advise that:
- a) Effective January 24, 2017, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is extending the maximum validity period of Canadian Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Cards (ABTC) from three to five years.
- b) All ABTCs issued on or after January 24, 2017, will be valid for a maximum of five years.
2. Membership in the Canadian ABTC pilot is valid for five years, provided the member maintains a valid NEXUS program membership and a valid Canadian passport, and continues to meet the pilot eligibility criteria.
3. The processing fee for a five-year membership in the Canadian ABTC pilot is USD$70.
4. More information on the Canadian domestic ABTC pilot, including detailed information on eligibility requirements, can be found on the CBSA Web site.
- Date modified: