1. The purpose of this notice is to advise all interested parties of an amendment to the July 1, 2016, version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. Retroactively effective up to October 27, 2016, all reference in tariff item 9984.00.00 to the Canada Games Council as a certifying body is replaced by True Sport Foundation as the certifying body. This amendment is for description purposes only, and has no impact on the conditions and requirements of tariff item 9984.00.00 or the applicable rate of duty.
3. An amended version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, reflecting this change, will be posted with the 2017 Customs Tariff on the CBSA Web site.
4. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling on tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, which is found on the CBSA Web site.
5. For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except statutory holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: