1. The regulations published on May 6, 2015 in the Canada Gazette included the requirement for marine carriers to electronically transmit vessel bay or stow plan data under the Reporting of Imported Goods Regulations. This requirement was originally expected to come into force on November 6, 2015.
2. The purpose of this notice is to inform marine carriers that the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is temporarily delaying the implementation of penalties under the CBSA’s Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS) for failure to transmit a bay plan.
3. This provision will be in place until further notice in order to extend the voluntary and testing period and the CBSA will provide marine carriers at least 45 business days advance notice of the new mandatory requirement date.
4. Although penalties have been delayed, it is strongly recommended that marine carriers begin voluntary submissions; early adopters will have the opportunity to avoid non-compliance in the future by addressing any technical issues prior to the mandatory period.
5. Detailed information on bay plan technical requirements and assistance with internal implementation of the bay plan is available in Chapter 6 of the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document. To request a copy of the ECCRD for bay plan, you may contact the Technical Commercial Client Unit
by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-957-7224.
6. For e-mail support on eManifest policy and processes, contact the eManifest Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Date modified: