The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year business transformation initiative. Once implemented, it will facilitate trade compliance and enhance the use of data analytics to streamline business processes.
When fully implemented, CARM will:
- Simplify the overall importing process
- Provide a modern interface for importing into Canada
- Give importers self-service access to their own information
- Improve consistency in trade rules and decisions
- Eliminate repetitive information requirements
- Strengthen compliance verification and fraud detection
CARM represents a business transformation, not just a technology implementation.
CARM is needed to streamline trade business processes.
CARM will make it easier to trade in Canada.
CARM is all about innovation and change.
CARM will be a highly collaborative process.
In June 2018, the CBSA will begin engaging its Trade Chain Partners on the CARM project through various networks and forums. The initial design phase of the project will conclude in March 2019.
The Accounts Receivable Ledger (ARL) was the first phase of the CARM project. Consult the Commercial Payments and Accounts section of our website for details.
For more information on CARM, contact email@example.com.
- Date modified: