To contact the EDI Hotline:
Calls within Canada or the United States:
Calls outside of Canada or the United States:
- Long distance charges apply
- Between 8:00 to 17:00 (North American Eastern time), Monday to Friday:
- Outside of business hours, evenings, holidays and weekends:
Email (for non-urgent correspondence):
Electronic Commerce Unit:
eManifest Technical Support Unit:
The EDI Hotline is a telephone service for its commercial clients who transmit cargo, release and accounting data electronically to the CBSA.
The EDI Hotline directs the caller to one of the CBSA's two support teams if the client requires more information or troubleshooting assistance.
The options are:
Press 1 – to speak to the Electronic Commerce Unit (ECU) that can provide assistance on the following:
Systems: CADEX , CUSDEC, ACROSS, RNS, CSA Importer, CSA Carrier, ACI Marine, ACI Air, Rail and G7 Export
Connectivity: Customs Internet Gateway, Direct Connect, Value Added Networks
Press 2 – to speak to the eManifest Technical Support Unit (TSU) that can provide assistance on all aspects of the eManifest program from set-up to connectivity, to testing and any eManifest system questions. The TSU is providing production support of eManifest clients.
- For both options, client service representatives are available Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00 (North American Eastern time);
- Should all agents be busy serving clients, callers will be directed to a voice mail box where they may leave a voice mail message and an agent will return the call as soon as possible;
- Rotary-dial phone users will not be able to make a selection of the two options from the menu, however, as a default, they will be transferred to Option 1, the ECU;
- As soon as the two options are announced, callers may press 1 or 2 at any time, and do not need to wait for the completion of the message;
NOTE: General inquiries not related to the CBSA's EDI systems, should be directed to the Border Information Service.